Monday 16 February 2015

I'll never forget Whats'isname (George Murcell)

You know those character actors whose name may have known but it escapes when you're trying to recall and you resort to referring to the person in question by a role or character type you associate them with, "You know the guy who played oily villains on The Saint and The Adventures of Robin Hood..."? That's happening to me all the time, so I've decided to record such notables on this blog, the first being George Murcell.

George Murcell
That capture is from an episode of The Champions apparently, not sure which one but Mr. Murcell seems to be in a slightly atypical role. A rather more congenial character than the surly protagonists leering with a lascivious menace at some heroine, that I remember him for.


2 comments:

  1. I remember him from a lot of shows - The Saint, The Champions, Randall & Hopkirk, Deceased, etc. He looks like Benny Hill dressed up for a role in the photo you've used, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must confess, he looks so much like Benny Hill here, that for split second when I saw the picture, that;s who I thought it was. Looks like he was cast as a Mediterranean type, that fake tan and appalling wig, seem rather comic and emphasise the similarity.

    ReplyDelete