Tuesday 9 August 2016

Is this the funniest video on YT?



Oh yeah it's a broad sword, it's called broad because it's broader that a sword that isn't as broad. I don't about you but I was laughing my knuts off while watching this. Highlights of this monologue include: '... a term that was far more common for this type of sword was simply sword' and a referral to another video titled, Were all swords just called sword? If those don't crack your ribs wait till you get to the bit about Scottish broad swords, you'll need a trip to hospital to recover.

Ten thousand views, that's pretty impressive and look at the glowing endorsements in the comments. I'm not quite sure why this video appeared in my to view list but I'm glad it did, it's nice example of inside the fish bowl perspective. To illustrate let me tell you about this colleague, Terry (a different Terry). Terry was a train spotter and he came out with this term peculiar to that fraternity one day, chuff nuts, which I like to spell as chuffnutz. A chuffnut defined within the train spotting community, would be an individual with a particularly ardent preoccupation with the hobby and often focused on steam engines.  I tried to explain to Terry, that to a non train spotters, all train spotters are chuffnutz, alas he couldn't see it. Likewise if you call a bird spotter a twitcher, you will get a response that goes something like: 'Oh no that's just those people with Kangols and gunner's mittens who hang upside town from the branches in trees to catch sight of the Lesser Spotted Thrumpty Bunting'.

To anyone outside the bowl, everything in the bowl is a fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment